Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fiction: Hard Math

Today's a short story week.

This was one of those weeks where I wasn't really in the mood for anything in particular. Started in on another clone story, but it wasn't really clicking. I have the basic plot and what I want to cover, but it needs some more time hanging out in my subconscious to stew.

I started another story, but it was far too freezer-poetry-ish.* I'm in the process of blowing up my finances to hurry up some long term goals and reassembling my spending patterns is eating up quite a bit of gray matter. The story I abandoned was a little too much about that to make for good reading. Maybe in a few months I'll pick it back up again and make it awesome. For now, too close.

* Holy shit, I forgot my freezer poetry post was the day before I decided to give up most of my drinking. Weird how fast time goes.

So I skimmed through my list of ideas, found an entry which simply said "giant monster + random genre." Exactly what I was in the mood for. I found a random genre picker online and it gave me "rescue story". I hit another site which gives random character traits. It gave me a collision of adjectives which suggested a real asshole. And here it is: what it must be like to be an EMT in a world where Godzillas crawl out of the sewers every night.

Read: Hard Math

No comments:

Post a Comment