Sunday, April 28, 2013

Story The Seventeenth: Nightmare Town, Pt 1

The second installment of the Cameron Webb And The Shroud Of Solomon Series. Murder, intrigue, the ghost of Samuel Colt and a particularly heated wrestling match in a bed of geraniums.

Redacted. :-)

I have to admit, I cheated here. It became very apparent yesterday that the amount of plotting I'd done for the second section would have run well over 20,000 words, which is, to say the least, beyond my abilities to write over the course of a weekend, at least not without a) burning myself out and b) producing very low quality writing. This is the sort of story that, even though the writing goes fast, I don't really want to half-ass the characterization. So, I wrote up to a good stopping point at roughly the 10k mark. I'll pick it up again in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment